Friday, November 8, 2013

Hello world!


Okay, okay, I know. I dropped off the face of the earth. But…I have been busy with some big news. Ready to hear it? Okay, about a year ago, I found a note clipped next to my apartment door. I wasn’t surprised to see this note. In fact, I was expecting it. My lease was about to expire, and I knew it had to be my yearly reminder to sign a new lease. (I was just hoping they weren’t going to raise the rent by too much.) The last time I renewed they raised it by about thirty dollars.

Anyway, I open the note…and I almost fainted. I found out that my rent was going up one-hundred dollars per month. And, to add insult to injury, there was a handwritten note that explained that the rate on the paper did not include a pet rent. That’s right, they were also going to charge my cat rent.

So, after having an official panic attack, I came to one conclusion. Since apartments have become so popular in my area, I felt that the only thing I could do was…buy a house. OMG! So, I went through the process of getting a loan, finding a house, packing up all my stuff, getting it to the new house, trying to figure out how to grow a damn lawn!, trying to get the HOA off my back that the lawn looks like crap, paying homeowner’s insurance, mowing the damn lawn again!, and trying to figure out how to shut the water off when there’s a leak under the sink, oh, and mowing the damn lawn! (Can you tell I love mowing the lawn?)

In short, I’ve been busy…mostly mowing the lawn. But, I think things are starting to calm down. And, I do really love my new house. It’s just been an adjustment for me. So, I’m gonna try really hard to produce some new books now. Peace and love.

Gail Starbright

No comments:

Post a Comment