Thursday, October 28, 2010

WTF? Promotion going too far?

Okay, I admit promoting my book is by far the hardest thing in the whole world.  Ever since Master’s Runaway has come out, I worked very hard to go after readers who have never even heard of Ellora’s Cave.  So, I’ll be the first to say that trying to get people’s attention is not the easiest thing, but I saw something today that quite frankly pissed me off.

I was off from work today.  I went to the dentist, came home and plopped down in front of the TV.  As I flipped through the channels, I stopped on AMC’s Fear Fest because Tremors was on, and I think that’s a cool movie.  And then, this message started to crawl on the bottom of the screen that said, “If you are reading this, you are one of the few survivors of a viral infection…”
My first thought was WTF? Did something happen? What’s going on? And then, the crawl said, “to contact others, be sure to watch AMC’s new series…..”
I’m not going to say the series because I don’t want to reward them for their somewhat sick marketing scheme.  Now, I know it’s close to Halloween, and in all fairness, it was “Fear Fest.”  But, I don’t know.  Implying that there was some biological attack seems a bit extreme just to promote a show.  But hey, that’s just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment